Sunday, July 4, 2010

My RHCE Experiance

Hi Friends ,

It's not at all a different thing i have done , many of you might have already passed RHCE some of you might have passed RHCSS and blah blah . . .but everyone have their own experience about their certification. So here i will share few things about my experience of being an RHCE.

It was 29th June 2010 , Tuesday

This time Red Hat had a scheme , 11000 for First Shot + 2000 for next shot! Personally don't wann waste money , and no one will rt???So just woke up by 7 and my exam center was Focus Training Institute Pune , which was not close from my place soo was in hurry to reach there on time , Finally reached by 8:15 AM and exam was supposed to be conducted at 9:30 AM , as usual it was not on time because of System Problems.After and hour examiner came there and started formatting pc's , they have some procedure to format each and every machine atleast 5-6 times and then they think they can start exam.So it's very good procedure which i saw there and one thing is that examiner is really a geek and solves any problems that arises in a system quickly, a very talented student of their batch i guess! Don't mind if you are one of them!!!
I was outside the lab and was observing what's going on there on systems and finally figured out that there was Some SELinux service problem and coz of that our exam started late there at center.Ohhhhh! Again we all became restless coz we were just wanted to get rid of exam fast! Finally somehow he was able to solve all of problems in a system . . it was Good as well as bad news for all of us because exam was about to start in few minutes !

Finally he called up names of students one by one , gave one blank paper to everyone , and told me to sit on 3rd machine . Machine was looking scary to me at first site , but as time proceed it was very friendly with me.Finally we started filling a form and signed a NDA (Non Discloser Agreement) So we can't expose questions in exam. Exam started and first 1 and half hour was very gud for me as i could solve all questions except 2 questions related to NIS and SAMBA I thought i can solve it later soo i left those questions and completed my exam paper.But later words i came to know i was in a big trouble!!! Suddenly i saw one BIG SILLY MISTAKE! They were told to create COMMON directory and i created COMMAN directory which was wrong!! Total 3 questions were dependent on this DIRECTORY Ohhhh gOD! Finally had to stop all that 3 services and had to configure NFS,Mount partition and had to set permissions on that again! Now only 20 Minutes left , i thought now its better to reboot system once and did that and what i saw was astonishing once again . . . All my FIREWALL (iptables) rules got deleted coz of my silly mistake of RESTORECON . . . 15 minutes . . . then again was in hurry and applied that firewalls quickly but something was WRONG! 1 rule ! ! ! ohh god...10 minutes . . .started entering commands deleted rule ! ohh my godddddddd but which one? ? it was not one which i want . . correct rule got deleted and wrong remains there only ! 5 minutes . . . again Fast typing and finally each and every entry was correct and then saved it using RESTORECON and rebooted my Server and as soon as login screen came , examiner told me to stop ! ! ! Exam finished!!!
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
1 and half day was waiting for result and finally i got my Dream Result on 30th June 2010
evening 8:30 Pm
Got a mail from Red Hat Certification Ce.

RHCT components score: 77.8
RHCE components score: 84.4

RHCE Certification: PASS

Thats GreaT!! I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that day wow! Now i can go for next certification ! This was all about my personal experience of RHCE . . .
Thanx a lot for visiting my web!

No comments:

Post a Comment