Saturday, January 23, 2010

Windows Vista + RHEL 5 --> Fired up Bootmgr missing Error !

Recently i installed RHEL 5 on my dell studio 15 lappy . . Everythin installed properly & I already had Windows Vista Home Premium installed on my lappy. Problesm was in GRUB!

GRUB shown 2 options 1 for Linux another for Windows vista..but whn i started win vista Error FIRED UP! -- > Bootmgr missing ...press alt+ctrl+delete to restart . . .& one more line sayin : rootnoverify(hd0,1)

This seems to be simple error for Windows Freaks...! hehe

1) I tried to repair it using Vista Bootable DVD & result -- > NO CHANGE
2) I tried STARTUP REPAIR option in Vista Bootable ---> STILL NO CHANGE

actually the problem was in grub.conf file..in RHEL!

Jst changed tat rootnoverify(hd0,1) to (hd0,2) ..coz tat second one was havin my Win Vista...

  • soo if u need to change it then jst press 'e' at bootup
  • select OTHER
  • Press 'e' to edit it and then change it to 2
  • press 'b' to boot and i think u should get ur windows BACK!
If 2 dnt work..thn try to figure out ur Windows partition 2,3, . . . . if u already dnt knw..

Thank You ,
Have a pleasent Stay . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment